المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Quotation

سارة
01-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Quotation

Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves

Dream of what you most enjoy
Go where you want to go
Be who you want to be
You have a life
To achieve what you want to achieve
To find on your way
Enough hope to be happy
Enough grief to remain human
Enough challenge to become strong

To talk without thinking is to shoot without aiming

Ideals are like the stars: we never reach them, but like the mariners of the sea, we chart our course by them.

Carl Schurz

I can't tell if a straw ever saved a drowning man, but I know that a mere glance is enough to make despair pause. For in truth we who are creatures of impulse are creatures of despair. - Joseph Conrad

Silence is the great teacher, and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence.

Deepak Chopra

(http://www.mgtrben.com/portal/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arabswata.net% 2Fforums%2Fmember.php%3Fu%3D490)

A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle

Kahlil Gibran

Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh

PLEASE MAKE THIS THREAD STICKY LIKE THE THREAD OF

REGARDS

DONE

Best

Thanks Eman for pinning reading-worthy thread for every man

Regards

Reach for the moon. If you fall short at least you'll be among the stars

When one is too hurt one cannot see others' pain, is too blind with one's own

There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works

Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can't build on it; it's only good for wallowing in.

Katherine Mansfield

Difficult situations often bring out qualities in us that otherwise might not have risen to the surface, such as courage, faith, and our need for one another. All of our experiences can help us to grow

No problem lasts forever. No matter how permanently fixed in the center of our lives it may seem, whatever we experience in this ever-changing life is sure to pass. Even pain.

To deceive a diplomat speak the truth, he has no experience with it.

Greek Proverb

Let every dawn of the morning be to you as the beginning of life. And let every setting of the sun be to you as its close. Then let everyone of these short lives leave its sure record of some kindly thing done for others; some good strength of knowledge gained for yourself.

John Ruskin

سارة
01-26-2011, 10:40 PM
In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it.

Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed.

"Allah does not look at your figures, nor at your attire but

He looks at your hearts and accomplishments"
{Hadith narrated by Abu Hurairah in Sahih Muslim}

Examine what is said, not him who speaks.
Arab Proverb

Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.
African Proverb

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton

Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

Nathaniel Hawthorne

'A teacher can but lead you to the door; learning is up to you -

CHINESE PROVERB

'Education begins a gentleman, conversation completes him

- ENGLISH PROVERB'

A friend is one to whom we may pour out the contents of our hearts, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will sift it, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.

False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade.

John Christian Bovee

Honor is like an island, rugged and without a beach; once we have left it, we can never return.

Nicholas Boileau

these words reflex the greatness of Islam plz read them crefully and try to memorize

During the past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass, and slept in the same bed (or on the same rug) -- while praying to the same God -- with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest of blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of white. And in the words and in the actions and in the deeds of the "white" Muslims, I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan, and Ghana.

We were truly all the same (brothers) -- because their belief in one God had removed the "white" from their minds, the 'white' from their behavior, and the 'white' from their attitude.

Malcom X after performing pilgrimage changing his attitude of racism

It's not necessary to blow out your neighbor's light to let your own shine.

M. R. Dehaan

'If you want your dreams to come true, don't sleep -
POLISH PROVERB'

'Travel is glamorous only in retrospect - PAUL THEREOUX'

In a sense, each of us is an island. In another sense, however, we are all one. For though islands appear separate, and may even be situated at great distances from one another, they are only extrusions of the same planet, Earth.

Donald J. Walters

The most natural beauty in the world is honesty and moral truth. For all beauty is truth. True features make the beauty of the face; true proportions, the beauty of architecture; true measures, the beauty of harmony and music.

Lord Shaftesbury

No problem lasts forever. No matter how permanently fixed in the center of our lives it may seem, whatever we experience in this ever-changing life is sure to pass. Even pain

From Courage to Change: One Day at A Time in Al-Anon II

Courage to Change

I deadly want that book

O mankind! A similitude is coined, so pay ye heed to it: Lo! those on whom ye call beside Allah will never create a fly though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly took something from them, they could not rescue it from it. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought!

From the Holy Qura'an : Al-Hajj | 78 verses | The Pilgrimage

Eng.Sami
01-26-2011, 10:58 PM
ظنيت ما رح تخلص
و كأني في درس انكليزي
مشكورة سارة

سارة
01-26-2011, 11:07 PM
يالله ابو احمد بدي اعمل سلسلة ليش قطعتها اف ...

اذا بدك ترد رد بقول ايه ابو احمد

نورت

سارة
02-03-2011, 12:14 AM
History makes it clear, however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world
and forcing Islam at the point of sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated.

De Lacy O'Leary in 'Islam at the Crossroads,' London, 1923. Of all the diversions of life, there is none so proper to fill up its empty spaces as the reading of useful and entertaining authors.

Joseph Addison

Talk uses up ideas.... Once I have spoken them aloud, they are lost to me, dissipated into the noisy air like smoke. Only if I bury them, like bulbs, in the rich soil of silence do they grow

Doris Grumbach

The man who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.

Elbert Hubbard

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.

Ray Bradbury

Think before you act!

A thought which does not result in an action is nothing much, and an action which does not proceed from a thought is nothing at all.

Georges Bernanos

Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.

George Bernard Shaw

'Travel is glamorous only in retrospect
PAUL THEREOUX'

This is his first punishment that by the verdict of his own heart no guilty man is acquitted

Juvenal (C 60 - 130 AD)

There are few efforts more conducive to humility than that of the translator trying to communicate an incommunicable beauty. Yet, unless we do try, something unique and never surpassed will cease to exist except in the libraries of a few inquisitive book lovers.

Edith Hamilton

Translation is entirely mysterious. Increasingly I have felt that the art of writing is itself translating, or more like translating than it is like anything else. What is the other text, the original? I have no answer. I suppose it is the source, the deep sea where ideas swim, and one catches them in nets of words and swings them shining into the boat...where in this ****phor they die and get canned and eaten in sandwiches.

Ursula K. Le Guin

A great age of literature is perhaps always a great age of translation.
Ezra Pound

Words are the leaves of the tree of language, of which, if some fall away, a new succession takes their place.

John French

Language is the amber in which a thousand precious and subtle thoughts have been safely embedded and preserved. It has arrested ten thousand lightning flashes of genius, which, unless thus fixed and arrested, might have been as bright, but would have also been as quickly passing and perishing, as the lightning.

Richard Chevenix Trench

Words have the power to both destroy and heal.
When words are both true and kind,
They can change our world

A word is not a crystal, transparent and unchanged, it is the skin of a living thought and may vary greatly in color and content according to the circumstances and the time in which it is used.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

What is the importance of a name? That to which we have given the name of a rose would continue to have the same sweet smell even if we were to give it some other name

William Shakespeare

He who does not know how to be silent will not know how to speak

Ausonius

What is the importance of a name? That to which we have given the name of a rose would continue to have the same sweet smell even if we were to give it some other name

William Shakespeare

سارة
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Woe to the nation that dosen't raise its voice, save in a funeral, that shows esteem only at the grave, that waits to rebel until its neck is under the edge of the sword

Jubran Kalil Jubran
(1883 - 1931)

The light of memory, or rather the light that memory lends to things, is the palest light of all. I am not quite sure whether I am dreaming or remembering, whether I have lived my life or dreamed it. Just as dreams do, memory makes me profoundly aware of the unreality, the evanescence of the world, a fleeting image in the moving water.

Eugene Ionesco

How many languages are there in the world? How about 5 billion! Each of us talks, listens, and thinks in his/her own special language that has been shaped by our culture, experiences, profession, personality, mores and attitudes. The chances of us meeting someone else who talks the exact same language is pretty remote

Everything can change, but not the language that we carry inside us, like a world more exclusive and final than one's mother's womb.

Italo Calvino

Let us never negotiate out of fear, but let us never fear to negotiate

John Kenndy
(1917 - 1963

Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out."
Vaclav Havel

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich

John Kennedy
(1917 - 1963)

There are victories of the soul and spirit. Sometimes, even if you lose, you win.

Elie Wiesel

The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Dictionaries are like watches; the worst is better than none, and the best can not be expected to be quite true.

Samuel Johnson

The quality of mercy is not strain'd
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes

William Shakespeare
(1564 - 1616

The just is close to the people's heart, but the merciful is close to the heart of God

Jubran Khalil Jubran
(1883 - 1931)

Life is nothing if not a daring adventure

Helen Keller

"Education is a process of living and not a preparation for future living." ~~ John Dewey (1859 - 1952

Free people may be alike everywhere in their freedom but the oppressed inhabit each their own peculiar hell

Chinua Achebe
(1930 - )

A word is dead
When it is said
Some say

I say it just
Begins to live
That day

Emily Dicknson
(1803 - 1866)

The way to get on as a lady is the same as the way to get on as a servant: you've got to know your place: thats the secret of it

George Bernard Shaw
(1856 - 1950)

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.

Lao-Tzu

Our life is what our thoughts make it. A man will find that as he alters his thoughts toward things and other people, things and other people will alter towards him.

James Allen

For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?

James Allen

A man should conceive of a legitimate purpose in his heart, and set out to accomplish it. He should make this purpose the centralizing point of his thoughts. It may take the form of a spiritual ideal, or it may be a worldly object, according to his nature at the time being; but whichever it is, he should steadily focus his thought forces upon the object which he has set before him. He should make this purpose his supreme duty, and should devote himself to its attainment, not allowing his thoughts to wander away into ephemeral fancies, longings, and imaginings. This is the royal road to self-control and true concentration of thought. Even if he fails again and again to accomplish his purpose (as he necessarily must until weakness is overcome), the strength of character gained will be the measure of his true success, and this will form a new starting point for future power and triumph.

James Allen

سارة
02-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Natural abilities are like natural plants, that need pruning by study

This very remarkable man
Commends a most practical plan:
You can do what you want if you don’t think you can’t,
So don’t think you can’t think you can.

Charles Inge 1868-1957, on the French psychologist Emile Coué

To those of you who received honors, awards, and distinctions,
I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States.

George W. Bush

Real happiness is not dependent on external things. The pond is fed from within. The kind of happiness that stays with you is the happiness that springs from inward thoughts and emotions. You must cultivate your mind if you wish to achieve enduring happiness.

William Lyon Phelps

Hope is the golden thread that should be woven into every experience of life

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who want it the most always like it the least.

There is always room at the top.

Beware of the fury of a patient man.

John Dryden

A blind man knows he can not see, and is glad to be led, though it be by a dog; but he that is blind in his understanding, which is the worst blindness of all, believes he sees as the best, and scorns a guide.

Samuel Butler

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But if that drop was not in the ocean, I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. .

Mother Teresa

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

Your friends will know you better in the first minute they meet you than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.

Richard Bach

If you don't risk anything you risk even more.

Erica Jong

You cannot argue with someone who denies the first principles.

It is easier to make a camel jump a ditch than to make a fool listen to reason.
Kurdish Proverb

'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
'I don't much care where --' said Alice.
'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
'--so long as I get somewhere,' Alice added as an explanation

Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note - torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one.

Henry Ward Beecher

When a machine begins to run without human aid, it is time to scrap it - whether it be a factory or a government.

Alexander Chase

To be satisfied with a little, is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.

Akhenaton

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

Francis Bacon

سارة
02-17-2011, 07:40 PM
In seeking wisdom thou art wise; in imagining that thou hast attained it - thou art a fool.

Lord Chesterfield

A consistent soul believes in destiny, a capricious one in chance.

Benjamin Disraeli

[Islam expect every Muslim to do this duty, and if we realise our responsibility time will come soon when we shall justify ourselves worthy of a glorious past.
Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Time is the school in which we learn, time is the fire in which we burn.

Delmore Schwartz

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.

Mother Theresa

Dreams are not what you see when you are asleep, but dreams are the one which does not let you sleep until they are achieved

TIME is like the river, you can not touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again…enjoy every moment of your life or feel regretted throughout your life

An arrow can be shot only by dragging it back.
So, when life is dragging you back with difficulties
it means that it is going to launch you into victory

As we sail through life,
Don’t avoid storms and rough waters.
Just let it pass.
Just Sail
Always remember,
Calm seas never make skillful sailors

You may not accomplish every goal you set -- no one does -- but what really matters is having goals and going after them wholeheartedly.

Les Brown

A wonderful realization will be the day you realize that you are unique in all the world. There is nothing that is an accident. You are a special combination for a purpose -- and don't let them tell you otherwise, even if they tell you that purpose is an illusion. (Live an illusion if you have to). You are that combination so that you can do what is essential for you to do. Don't ever believe that you have nothing to contribute. The world is an incredible unfulfilled tapestry. And only you can fulfill that tiny space that is yours.

Leo Buscaglia

Experience is the worst teacher. It always gives the test first and the instruction afterward.
Anonymous

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.
Anonymous

An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep..
Anonymous Arabic Proverb

Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and, you weep alone
Anonymous

An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
Niels Bohr

I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay hands on everything they can get

Napoleon Bonaparte

Everyone is a moon and has a dark side, which he never shows to anyone

Mark Twain

سارة
02-21-2011, 12:52 AM
We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon.

Konrad Adenauer

That money talks
I'll not deny,
I heard it once

Within each of us is a hidden store of energy. Energy we can release to compete in the marathon of life. Within each of us is a hidden store of courage. Courage to give us the strength to face any challenge. Within each of us is a hidden store of determination. Determination to keep us in the race when all seems lost.

Roger Dawson

When you dream alone, with your eyes shut, asleep, that dream is an illusion. But when we dream together, sharing the same dream, awake and with our eyes wide open, then that dream becomes reality!

Author Unknown

If you have tried to build castles in that air, your work need not be lost - that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them
Henry David Thoreau

People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.

- Joseph Fort Newton

Make no promises when seized by joy; write no letters when seized by anger
Anonymous Chinese proverb

How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.
Marcus Aurelius

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
Ambrose Bierce

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Buddha

When anger rises, think of the consequences.
Confucius

Always write angry letters to your enemies. Never mail them.
James Fallows

Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.
Mohandas Gandhi

If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?
Sydney J. Harris

He who angers you conquers you.
Elizabeth Kenny

Fair peace becomes men; ferocious anger belongs to beasts.
Ovid

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
Dean Acheson

If you're still hanging onto a dead dream of yesterday, laying flowers on its grave by the hour, you cannot be planting the seeds for a new dream to grow today.

Joyce Chapman

In order to experience everyday spirituality, we need to remember that we are spiritual beings spending some time in a human body.

Barbara De Angelis

We ought to think that we are one of the leaves of a tree, and the tree is all humanity. We can not live without the others, without the tree.

Pablo Casals

AHLA-DANA
02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks:z025::z025:

سارة
02-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Whenever I teach a course there always comes a moment as I'm reading the textbook where I say ``you know, I think I could write a better textbook than this''. The unfortunate thing is that this is true even when I am using my own book!
Timothy A. Budd

Never confuse motion with action
Benjamin Franklin

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment

Dorothy Nevill

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Confucius

Within yourself deliverance must be searched for, because each man makes his own prison.

Edwin Arnold

Within yourself deliverance must be searched for, because each man makes his own prison.

Edwin Arnold

To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.

Anthony Robbins

To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.

Anthony Robbins

Never be afraid to treat the path alone. Know which is your path and follow it wherever it may lead you; do not feel you have to follow in someone else's footsteps.

Gita Bellin

Never be afraid to treat the path alone. Know which is your path and follow it wherever it may lead you; do not feel you have to follow in someone else's footsteps.

Gita Bellin

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it.
Doug Larson

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
William James

Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge

The wisdom of the wise and the experience of the ages are perpetuated by quotations.
Benjamin Disraeli

Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it.
David Starr Jordan

Wisdom stands at the turn in the road and calls upon us publicly, but we consider it false and despise its adherents.
Kahlil Gibran

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.

Henry Ford

So long as you live and work, you will be misunderstood; to that you must resign yourself once and for all. Be silent!

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

سارة
02-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Whenever I teach a course there always comes a moment as I'm reading the textbook where I say ``you know, I think I could write a better textbook than this''. The unfortunate thing is that this is true even when I am using my own book!
Timothy A. Budd

Never confuse motion with action
Benjamin Franklin

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment

Dorothy Nevill

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Confucius

Edwin Arnold

Edwin Arnold

Anthony Robbins

Anthony Robbins

Gita Bellin

Gita Bellin

Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it.
Doug Larson

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
William James

Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom.
Samuel Taylor Coleridge

The wisdom of the wise and the experience of the ages are perpetuated by quotations.
Benjamin Disraeli

Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it.
David Starr Jordan

Wisdom stands at the turn in the road and calls upon us publicly, but we consider it false and despise its adherents.
Kahlil Gibran

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.

Henry Ford

So long as you live and work, you will be misunderstood; to that you must resign yourself once and for all. Be silent!

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

أحمد فرحات
02-28-2011, 03:44 PM
مشكورة سارة

سارة
02-28-2011, 11:47 PM
u are welcome

سارة
03-04-2011, 08:59 PM
The worldly comforts are not for me. I am like a traveller, who takes a rest under a tree in the shade and then goes on his way.

The believer is like the rain, wherever it falls, it benefits”
" مثل المؤمن كمثل الغيث أينما وقع نفع"

The man is the head of the house, but the woman is the neck that turns the head.
Anonymous

Let not your tongue mention the shame of another
For you yourself are covered in shame and all men have tongues.
If your eye falls upon the sins of your brother
Shield them and say: "O my eye! All men have eyes!"
Imam Shafii

لسانك لا تذكر بها عورة امرئ فكلك عورات وللناس ألسن

وعينك إن أبدت إليك معايباً لقوم فقل يا عين للناس أعين

الشافعي

There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.

Joseph Brodsky

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
Elbert Hubbard

There is a wisdom of the head, and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk.
Doug Larson

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom.
H. L. Mencken

The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
Jean Paul

Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.
Theodore Roosevelt

No man was ever wise by chance.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Groucho Marx

The Prophet said, 'The example of a good pious companion and an evil one is that of a person carrying musk and another blowing a pair of bellows. The one who is carrying musk will either give you some perfume as a present, or you will buy some from him, or you will get a good smell from him, but the one who is blowing a pair of bellows will either burn your clothes or you will get a bad smell from him."

http://www.mgtrben.com/portal/mwaextraedit4/frames/br7.gif

On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time.
George Orwell

When work is a pleasure, life is joy.! When work is a duty, life is slavery.

Maxim Gorky

We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
George Bernard Shaw

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Socrates